For me being a clingon (and all the charateristics and behaviors that come with it) was learned during childhood and I am trying to recover from this addiction.
Charateristics of my clingon-ness:
- I am attracted to (and stay in) relationships that are really unhealthy for me, no matter what.
- I value others' opinions over my own.
- My judgement is a bit screwed up and I always doubt it.
- I have trouble putting up healthy boundaries.
- When I get dumped, it is devastating. My world goes upside down and it takes months and even years to recover.
Well, there's a lot more but I thought I'd introduce myself a bit. I was reading the posts and I like the humour in this group. I think it's a good way for me to face some of my behaviors, in a positive way and possibly motivate me to identify and change "some" of those behaviors. My first goal in recovery is to learn to love myself, and being a clingon is part of me. I just don't want to hurt others or myself as a result of it, that's all.
I think this group might be a good idea for me....